Background screening FAQ's
- What kind of background checks do you offer?
Our background screening options are listed here.
- What is the pricing for background screening?
Pricing is based on your company needs and expectations. To get a price quote, contact us so we can assess your business needs to match you with the correct screening services.
- What information do you need in order to get my account set up?
After you choose the background screening services that best meet your business needs, you will sign a Subscriber User Agreement that is compliant with the guidelines of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. An account representative will contact you to make arrangements for your services to be completed. We will then set up a new account, providing you with secured access to request and retrieve the background screening services you desire.
- How long does it take for my account to get set up?
Once an account representative contacts you and obtains the required information, your account will be set up within 24 hours.
- Can one account have multiple users?
- Once my account is set up, when can I begin requesting background screenings?
After your account is set up, you will go through a brief overview of how your account works, and how to submit and retrieve information related to your background services. Once you have gone through this brief training session, you can use your account immediately.
- Is there a set amount of background checks I must order every month?
No. At Global Safety Network, we offer our clients flexibility. There is no established number of orders that must be processed.
- May I change the background screening package if I decide to go with a different package?
Yes. You have the ability to modify your package at any time. You will need to contact your account representative who will provide you with any pricing changes and update your account accordingly.
- What applicant information do I need to provide?
To initiate a background screening, you should provide the subjects full name, Social Security Number, and date of birth. To obtain MVR or credit information, you should also provide their address and drivers license number. In addition to this, if you require employment, education, or professional license verification, you must provide the relevant information.
- How long does it take to obtain the results on background screens?
Turnaround time may be anywhere from instant to 72 hours, depending on the type of search requested and the depth of research needed. Your account representative can help you understand the turnaround times for the specific screening package you select.
I’ve heard California has some unique requirements of employers who want to conduct background checks. Where do I find information on these requirements?
You are correct, California (and other states) expand on the requirements for background checks. You may refer to The Basics of Employment Background Checks in California to gain an initial understanding of California’s law.
- What is The Drivers Privacy Protection Act (DPPA)?
The Drivers Privacy Protection Act (DPPA) was originally enacted in 1994 to protect the privacy of personal information assembled by State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMVs). The DPPA safeguards the personal information of licensed drivers from improper use or disclosure. DPPA FAQ’s →
- Do you have sample forms available for use? Yes, sample forms are available to our Clients. These forms (and other resources) are located within our GlobalSoft Library, which is accessible after Client Login.
- I can’t access some of the applications on your website. What should I do?
If part of our website is inaccessible, please ensure your browser version is updated. If you are still having problems, contact us to report your issue.
- Can you provide batch processing if we have a large surge in applicants?
Yes. Batch processing is available.
- Do you provide drug screening?
Yes. Information about our drug screening services is available here.
- How do I contact Global Safety Network regarding other services you provide or if I have other questions?
Contact us by phone or e-mail or visit one of our locations.