GSN is regulated by the Fair Credit Reporting Act as well as by state laws. In accordance with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act and state laws, GSN does not disclose, either directly or indirectly, to any person, firm or corporation, information of any kind, nature or description concerning matters affecting or relating to the business of its clients or consumers unless the information is already in the public domain or disclosure is permitted by law. Some examples include: a permissible purpose under the FCRA, providing information to industry regulators, to law enforcement agencies, for fraud prevention, or by court order.
GSN regularly assesses, manages and controls risks relating to the security and confidentiality of the information obtained through the general course of business. GSN has physical and electronic controls in place to protect the information against unauthorized access or use. Access to consumer information is restricted via access level to employees on a need to know basis with such access defined by the client. Security enhancing software, password protection on database access for employees and clients, compliance audits, employee training, backup and recovery procedures, physically secure office buildings and procedural safeguards are used to assure consumer privacy.
The following describes specific interaction with GSN websites and how the information collected is used and stored.
Global Safety Network:
• Uses client IP addresses to diagnose problems with its server, and to administer its web site. IP addresses are kept solely in web-server
log files and are not used to identify individual clients. IP Addresses are not linked to client accounts or any other demographic
exited. Global Safety Network uses persistent cookies to house data, which is used to authenticate client terminal access to its secure
• Neither requests nor displays client account information.
• Uses account information in the following ways: client contact information is used to send information, to market new and
additional services, or to further communicate as necessary; and financial information is collected for billing purposes and used for
the collection of past-due accounts or for marketing purposes.
The Global Safety Network website(s):
• Contain links to other sites (GSN's website is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such linked websites).
• Have security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
• Use 128-bit SSL encryption to ensure all communications with its site remains private.
• Use certificate technology to authenticate terminals.
• Use secure usernames and passwords to authenticate users.
• Are protected by a SonicWALL-certified firewall.
• Is DigiCert High Assurance Certified.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, contact the Compliance Office toll free at